Box Tale Soup are looking for an experienced freelance producer to work with us on the development of our next production and the company’s touring in 2022. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve been entirely self-produced, but as we’ve grown in scale and ambition, this is becoming increasingly unviable! We’re looking for someone with an interest and enthusiasm for innovative theatre, who is willing to knock on doors to expand our touring network and help us raise the company’s profile.
During the next year we’ll be developing our latest commissioned adaptation, continuing to build our online presence, and touring both family and adult productions. We hope that our Producer will work to forge new relationships for the company, as well as nurturing existing ones.
10 days (starting June ‘21), with potential to to expand into a longer term position.
1-2 days/week. Days/hours to suit you.
- Identify and build relationships with venues, festivals and potential collaborators.
- Support outreach activities including integrating our bespoke hospital show into our 2022 touring schedule.
- Tour book shows, negotiate deals and contracts.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Producer, either with a venue or company.
- Strong relationships with venues that programme small – mid-scale theatre.
- Experience of tour booking and arts contracting.
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Enthusiasm for innovative theatre.
How to apply:
Box Tale Soup strives to be an Equal Opportunities employer and therefore encourages applications from a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
Please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com with the subject heading “Producer Application” and your name.
Deadline for applications: Friday 14th May ‘21
Interviews will be held via Zoom on Tuesday 18th May ‘21
Many thanks and we very much look forward to hearing from you!
Noel & Antonia x
Box Tale Soup
- Interest in puppetry and literary adaptation.
- Copy writing skills.
- Experience with production of promotional materials.
- Interest in sustainable practice.